Advantages and disadvantages are attached to everything on the planet Earth. As far as money sending concerns; although the advancements in IT have made it possible to send money online in minutes, yet the dark side of the picture can not be overlooked along with appreciating the bright aspects. At first, let us take a view of the advantages of international money transfer online services:
- The first and the most prominent benefit we get from these services is the rapidity. Gone are the days when people had to wait for weeks for transaction of money. At present, you can transfer money online from one place to another in minutes.
- Various banks have featured power transfer, which enables you to track the money online whether you are a recipient or a sender of that money.
- Lots of banks have featured remittance. With the help of this feature, you can receive money in your local currency and use right after you receive it.
- Another benefit is that you can send money straightly to bank accounts via online banking now-a-days.
- Online money transfer services have provided a platform to online business-groups where they can move fast and grow rapidly without wasting time in the formalities of sending money offline like waiting for the checks to clear.
Having walked through the advantages which online money transaction offers, now let us turn to the disadvantages it bears.
- The weightiest disadvantage is the transfer fee taken by international money transfer online services. You must have to pay some fee to them, otherwise it is impossible to utilize the services.
- Sometimes involvement of credit card and debit card in online money transfer leads to losses. In other words, you money is not hundred percent secure in process.
- Some websites are used to keep money temporarily in case money is not sent directly to bank account. The user passwords for these websites can be hacked by hackers resulting in the loss of money.
- When you send money online, you have to face the technical difficulties of the process.
- You have to be patient because long queues are quiet usual in online money transaction.
- The quick transaction in debit cards causes difficulties in recovering lost funds.
By and large, online money transfer services are neither from heaven nor from hell. In spite of all their advantages, lots of people rely more upon offline money transaction. And in spite of all their disadvantages, a huge percentage of the world population utilizes international money transfer online services on regular bases.
Do you like to download trial games online? Have you bought cheap games off of the discount rack only to find out after it was installed that the graphics were poor, the game was boring, and then you never really played it anymore? Have you just bought a new computer and do not like the programs that were pre-installed? Part of good home computer maintenance is keeping your computer free from unwanted or unneeded programs that are not used and keep on your computer taking up valuable space and resources.
Removing these programs is not difficult, Windows provides a tool that makes it easy to find and remove the programs. However, when these programs are uninstalled many times the registry keys are not properly cleaned. So, as part of your home computer maintenance routine you'll need to have a good quality registry cleaning software since basically editing the registry could be hazardous, or fatal, to your computer if you do not know exactly what you are doing. Many times you'll download a free trial game, or other software, that you are only able to use for a certain period of time and then the program is forgotten about and gets lost in the background. These programs may not take up much space on your hard drive, but they will build up and can diminish the performance of your computer over time. Even if you do not see these programs and have deleted the shortcuts to them off of your desktop that does not mean they're not still on your computer taking up space. Your computer still has to process the program's information and settings. During your computer computer maintenance routine you can click on the start button and look for control panel, or right click on My Computer and click on "explore" to look for the control panel. Once you find the control panel click on add or remove programs and a window will come up with a list of all the programs installed on your computer.
Scroll through the list of programs and you can identify which games, or other software, that you have installed and no longer use. When you click on the program it will highlight and there will be a button that says change / remove, click this button and follow the prompts to uninstall the program. Sometimes, on larger programs you will be prompted to restart your computer after the uninstall, go ahead and restart your computer to finish. On new computers you may want to get rid of some of the programs that were installed from the factory that you will never use. Now you have just freed up valuable disk space on your computer, but you must be aware that there will be registry entries, that at this point, belong to what are now deleted programs. These registry entries are not harmful to your computer however, they will clutter the registry and slow processing time. If you are not familiar with editing the registry it is strongly suggested that you do not try, as any mistakes can cause your computer to act erratic or completely crash. It would be a good idea for you to purchase a good registry cleaning software package, or try to find a good free registry cleaning software. There are some good free registry cleaners available, but you need to be careful when shopping around for them because you could contract that that you do not want, or download a free scanner that will not finish the job until you purchase the full software. The ideal thing that you would want to do is invest a small amount of money in a good all-in-one home computer maintenance and security software package that will clean, scan, protect, and secure your computer keeping it running like the day you took it out of the box. If you take your home computer maintenance seriously, you should be able to get the full life out of your computer that you paid for without the problems and headaches that a cluttered and infected computer will bring.
The advent of mobile technology, with its easy accessibility, has predictably resolved in the mobile devices being used for smooth access and exchange of information.
People want access to information on-demand from their mobile devices, in order to increase effectiveness in their organizations and increase the ability to interact.
The mobility computing solutions help you to develop and launch scalable, secure and mobile business solutions and grow your business in entirely new ways.
The integrated mobility software helps to deliver products to market on a lower cost to achieve high performance and utilize productivity.
The following are the segments mobile computing services are provided in:
- Location Based Service: Developing Location-Based Services (LBS) for any mobile platform ranging from store locator to staff monitoring, useful in retail business or in any location based utility.
- Mobile Health Monitoring: IT and mobile communications to monitor patient's health remotely to help Governments, care delivery organizations (CDOs) and healthcare payers to reduce costs, related to chronic diseases and improving the quality of life of their patients.
- Testing of Mobile Games: You can get end to end testing services for mobile games and applications.
- Mobile Advertising: The voice / picture / video based mobile advertisements are a rapidly growing platform used to reach customers.
- Mobile Instant Messaging: The solution provide instant mobile messaging (Voice / Picture / Video) as well as agreement of different social networking messages like Facebook, Twitter, internet messengers (Google, Yahoo etc.).
- Mobile Music or Content Serving: The solution supports progressing streaming as well as Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP) based content serving.
- Global Positioning Systems: The Mobility services providers have expertise in design, development and deployment of GPS-based solutions for PDAs. They can effortlessly deploy the PPS or SPS-based solutions entailing NMEA or Sirf Binary Protocols.
- Mobitex Networks: The market has providers with proven capabilities to develop the Mobitex networks application, which is an OSI-based open standard, national public access wireless packet-switched data network. Mobitex lays great emphasis on safety and reliability, which is one reason it is preferred by the military, police, firefighters and ambulance services.
- IEEE 802.11b: The mobility solution helps to design, develop and deploy PDA applications using IEEE 802.11b-based networks.
- Mobile Commerce and WAP: The providers need to have experience and proficiency of successfully working on projects in the major mobile computing platforms such as PalmOS, Windows CE and Epoc.
- Porting of Mobile Applications: The porting of mobile applications from one platform to several other platforms is getting essential for usability purpose.
- Smart Phone Applications Development: Look for providers who have capabilities to develop solutions for all smart phones (based on iPhone, android and blackberry platforms) as well as for j2me supported phones.
Keep reading these articles. We are sure you would find them interesting. I will get back with more such mobility services articles. Till then stay tune!
The abacus has a very long history. It spans over thousands of years. The earliest abacus was invented about 5000 years ago. Some expert historians believe that the abacus was invented by the ancient Chinese. Still others are of the opinion that the abacus was invented by the Babylonians or by the Egyptians. However, all these claims are backed by historical evidence like archaeological excavations and ancient texts. It may be possible that many civilizations may have invented the abacus independently and roughly at the same time.
The first counting device was the human hand and the fingers. The reason why we use the decimal system is that there are 10 fingers (both hands combined) and so it is very easy to count if 10 is the base. Later on man started using natural objects and markings to count and calculate. Larger quantities [exceeding 10] could not be easily count on the fingers. So various natural objects like pebbles and twigs were used.
Merchants needed not only needed a way to count the goods that they bought and sold, they also needed a method to perform calculations. This was achieved with the help of counting boards. Until the advent of a proper number system, counting boards were very popular. The abacus has its origin in one such counting board.
Time line of the history of the abacus:
- 3000 BC: An early form of abacus originates in the Orient
- 1000 BC: Chinese start using counting boards
- 500 BC: Romans and Greeks use counting boards
- 300 BC: Abacus is widely used as a counting device in China
- 500 AD: The abacus is used in Europe